OK, you have just been diagnosed with cancer…
You have cancer is a phrase which one in five people in the United States will hear this year alone in one form or another. Too many people have cancer! Cancer rips through your life tearing its own pathway. Unfortunately, a lifetime of ignoring certain aspects of your body and you life has resulted in dis-ease.
Hearing you have cancer is earth shattering! Cancer is perhaps the most dreaded disease because we know so little about it and for many it is a death sentence.
All you can do is ask yourself… “how did I get cancer? What did I do to get this in my body? Am I going to die? What am I going to do? Where do I turn? What? What? Where? Where? Why? Why?” Confusion and fear sets in. You are a wreck!
What are you going to do? You need a plan. Prayer helps, but you also need a plan. You need a support system of friends and you need to depend on God to help you.
You question… Am I going to die? Depending on what type of cancer you have and where it is in your body, you have different questions. On the other hand, a few questions are very much the same for everyone. Will I ever get better? Will I look the same? What about insurance? Will it cover everything? What about my family? What about my job? What about business? Who will help me? What shall I do? How much is all this going to cost?
Do these words sound familiar? These words and emotions are all very normal. You are being challenged with the biggest test of your strength in your lifetime. My thoughts probably sound familiar to your thoughts. Your journey has just begun.
As a two-time cancer survivor I have written this book to show you that cancer does not have to be a death sentence. You will have to change many things in your life. As you read on in the book, it is written to make you stop and think. All I can do is to share my experiences and hope that because of my pain and suffering, you will find comfort and cure for your cancer.
Healing yourself, even with the help of modern medicine is a task that only you can do for yourself. Many people will try to help you and guide you, but you need to make the decision that you are going to be well and that certain changes must be made in the way you live your life. In order for you to get well and go on living many more years, you will need to make the decision to be well. Think wellness thoughts. Your mind needs to know that you are already well so that the rest of your body can catch up to such thinking. This concept might be a bit difficult to grasp at first; please read on. Cancer is perhaps the greatest challenge you have ever had to face, and it takes tremendous courage to get well. You must be strong!
Your body, designed by God, has its own self-healing power. Your body got sick by you not listening to it. When you listen to your body and your inner self, you will get well. So many people term cancer as a journey because it is a life changing event. Today, many people are facing cancer and healing themselves. Be hopeful and learn from my journey as well as the journeys and research of many others.
was diagnosed with throat cancer. The doctors were perplexed as to how I got cancer, as I was not the typical profile of the person who contracts throat cancer. I did not smoke, and did not drink to excess. When I walked into the Chemotherapy Infusion Room with a doctor for scheduling, the woman at the help desk asked “who is the patient?” The doctor said, pointing to me and replied, “It is for her.” On the outside I looked healthy, or so I thought at the time. To search the reason why I got cancer was my personal journey. Looking back, I have a different perspective.
My journey was not easy. No cancer healing is simple, however; curing yourself of cancer is not as mysterious as you might assume. Decisions must be made quickly and seriously. You will need a support system.
1. If you smoke, you need to stop immediately.
2. If you are in a home where everyone else smokes, you need to get yourself to a clean environment where you are not exposed to second-hand smoke.
3. If you are a heavy alcohol drinker, you need to stop immediately. Did you know that alcohol consumption can cause cancer? Most of us do not. Where is the “surgeon general” warning on alcohol consumption? Drinking alcohol can cause cancer.
4. If you drink soft drinks with aspartame you need to stop immediately. In fact, soft drinks are nothing but sugar and chemicals. You need to drink juices and water instead.
5. You need to decide that you want to live and that you are going to go about changing your life in order to do so.
6. Get plenty of rest. You need at least 8-10 hours of sleep each day. Naps also are recommended. While at rest, your body can do its own healing process.
7. You need to forget about FEAR. You need to get to work on healing the body that you have badly neglected for many years. Right now, you have no time for fear.
8. Have a positive attitude towards your healing. You are going to become healthy again.
9. Let go and let God!
10. Expect a miracle!